Breastfeeding is an exceptional journey for every mother and baby. Most moms have questions and need support along the way. If your desire is to provide your baby with breast milk, Family Centered Birth Services will help you to reach your goals for nurturing your baby. We will work together to establish a breastfeeding relationship that is best for mom, baby and fits your family’s unique needs.
During the initial visit, each client will receive a one-on-one consultation to talk about what breastfeeding looks like for your baby and begin exploring a plan to fit your family’s unique situation. The initial visit may take up to 2 hours, during this visit you can expect to:
- Discuss concerns with your baby
- Be observed nursing at least couple times
- Work on correct positioning of baby
- Identify what a good latch looks like
- Review any support equipment if needed (pump, supplemental system)
- Develop a written plan of care for feeding your baby
- Emailed report for your records and to share with providers
- Follow-up phone and email support
Initial Visit (last from 1 1/2 – 2 hours) – $150.00
Follow up visits (last from 1/2 hour – 1 hour) – $50.00
Service outside of the Gainesville area will be an additional $25.00 charge.
We strongly feel every woman should have lactation support, if this fee scale does not work for your budget we will do all we can to work with you. Please still reach out for support.