Family Centered Birth Services
At Family Centered Birth Services you can expect to receive exceptional care tailored to meet your family’s needs. Just as each family is unique so are their birth goals. We provide nonjudgmental care during pregnancy, labor, birth and the postpartum period. Our goal is to help families in the Gainesville area define their birth goals and to provide support to mom, her partner, and birth team to help them be accomplished. With Family Centered Birth Services you can feel confident that you are getting:
- Care provided by an experienced birth professional
- The opportunity to get to know your back up doula
- Support for your partner to help you during this period to his/her comfort level
- A doula that is up-to-date on best practices for labor, birth and postpartum care
- Expert postpartum and breastfeeding support in your home
- A doula that is actively involved in the larger birthing community, always working to increase the resources and tools available to women
Our commitment to our clients is surpassed by none. Whether you are planning a home birth, birthing at a birth center, hospital birth or scheduled cesarean section, Family Center Birth Services will provide you with the judgment-free educational, physical and emotional support that you deserve!
Remember... labor and birth are your last opportunity to be nurtured before you become the nurturer!
"I'll never forget what an incredible help you were to me during Julia's birth. You took such good care of me and you made me feel like a rock star even when my energy and spirits started to lag. And I appreciate so much that I knew you would never judge me, whether I ended up delivering naturally or not. I feel so privileged to have had you present during one of the most important days of my life." ~Emily McMains
"Brady wasn't born with all my friends and family sitting in the room, but the with the two people I trusted most to help me during my delivery, my husband and you. As fast and as scary as my labor was, you made it a calm and (almost) peaceful experience and for that I am truly grateful." ~Mary Martin
Research shows that the presence of a doula can:
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin
- 28% decrease in the risk of C-section
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- 14% decrease in risk of newborns admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience
Source, Hodnett et al.